MERINGUES!!!!!!!!!!!You will need:
4 egg whites
about 1 cup of sugar (see step 2)
1. Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Weigh the egg whites you will need exactly double the weight of sugar to egg whites.
3. Whisk egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks.
4. Gradually add half the sugar, a tablespoon at a time whisking in between.
5. Gently fold the remaining sugar into the mixture, trying to lose as little air as possible.
6. Put tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet leaving 2 cm gaps in between each.
7. Bake I the center of the oven for 1 hour.
8. Turn off oven and leave meringues to cool inside for 10-15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven onto a wire rack to cool.
Recipe curtesy of: step by step cakes by: Caroline Bretherton